Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Strolling around the city

This little beauty is known as "Sukarno's last Erection," seriously. Sukarno was the first president of sovereign Indonesia after years of colonization from the Dutch and the Portugese though primarily the Dutch. Sukarno wanted a memorial built commemorating the new republic, a museum to educate its people on the struggles of colonization and the culture that united the thousands of islands that make up Indonesia today.

With white skin and not much else you can often find yourself in a position similar to a D-list celebrity. At malls, or in this case at a museum a number of girls took photos of me, and with me. I couldn't leave without getting one of these adorable girls, right?

Here resides the president of Indonesia, currently his name is Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono (Yes it's kind of fun to say)

A local told me that many of the people in metropolitan Jakarta feel that this tree has some sort of mystique around it whether it be good luck or a calming ability in times of duress, but yes we are all thinking the same thing... AVATAR!!!!!

These jack fruits are about the size of my head and although I wanted to get one, I was far too lazy to be bothered by a bit of exercise....

No comments:

Post a Comment